straightshot

Honest thoughts on ministry,culture, and living in Utah

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Utah, United States

I love diversity. I love studying the Bible. science (especially biology and astronomy),and history. I love music, the outdoors...and my family of course. They give me the greatest joy I have ever known!!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween 2006

Well, another Halloween has come and gone.

A commentary on our culture: our son dressed up as a Patriot this year, ala Ethan Allen with the three pointed hat. None of the kids at school got it. In fact, his fellow fourth graders didn't even know what a Patriot is (no, not the missle). And they never heard of Ethan Allen. They all thought he must be Jack Sparrow, of Pirates of the Caribeaan.

Sigh. I wonder if they have ever heard of Patrick Henry. George Washington? Mel Gibson?

And for a great article on what currently goes on All Hallowed Eve, even here in Cache Valley, Utah, read this link (I talked to a "warlock" on campus once. They really are out there-excuse the pun!)

http://www.breakpoint.org/listingarticle.asp?ID=798

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't Ethan Allen sell furniture?

11/02/2006 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home