straightshot

Honest thoughts on ministry,culture, and living in Utah

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Utah, United States

I love diversity. I love studying the Bible. science (especially biology and astronomy),and history. I love music, the outdoors...and my family of course. They give me the greatest joy I have ever known!!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

D-day Prayer

Today is the 63rd anniv. of D-day in 1944, the greatest invasion in history (as portrayed in "Saving Private Ryan", "The Longest Day", etc.) President Roosevelt went on the radio that morning and asked the nation to pray with him. I just heard it on the radio, imagining what it was like for my parents and grandparents to hear it for the first time.

If you have a few moments, listen to or read it at: www.faithofourfathers.org/heritage/fdr.html

It's awesome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Rob. Would that words such as these could be spoken and heard with similar reverence and honor today.

I fear how quickly we forget.

6/07/2007 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home