straightshot

Honest thoughts on ministry,culture, and living in Utah

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Utah, United States

I love diversity. I love studying the Bible. science (especially biology and astronomy),and history. I love music, the outdoors...and my family of course. They give me the greatest joy I have ever known!!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Casual Christians

Bill Glass was a well known NFL player in the 1960s. Here is a geat quote from his book Get in the Game: "When I play defensive end for the Browns, I get down on the line of scrimmage in a stance of complete intensity.
Every muscle lin my body is tightened to fire across the line..The first movment I see on the other side of the line sets me off like a gigantic spring...Can you imagine a Christian lining up on the "defensive line" of the Christian life casually? I see a lot of casual Christians. If I lined up casually in a game like I see casual Christians "lining up" to serve Jesus Christ, I would get knocked on my casual can. And a Christian who tries to serve Jesus Christ casually will be highly ineffective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home