straightshot

Honest thoughts on ministry,culture, and living in Utah

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Utah, United States

I love diversity. I love studying the Bible. science (especially biology and astronomy),and history. I love music, the outdoors...and my family of course. They give me the greatest joy I have ever known!!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A Bad Case of LIfe

Well, it's been quite a week. In the last seven days I have been to a joyful wedding, held a newborn baby and shared the parents' delight in a beautiful little boy; I have had great fellowship with Christian faculty from a prestigous university and spent time with an old friend. I have taken a walk in a winter wonderland while a herd of young deer watched curiously from the slopes above. I have laughed with my children and taught my son to serve a volleyball and explained to my daughter why Christians sometimes disagree. I was confronted by a guy at church and told that my college ministry has been influenced by Catholicism and Eastern Mysticism and we welcome Lesbians.

Just another week!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HOPE you welcome Lesbians, the same as you welcome those who lied to their room mate this week, those who hate their parents, those who've cheated on tests and, well, you get the idea.

98% of my students are great and bring great joy to my life...yesterday I reported a complaint with the USU police regarding one. My mind is consumed with the one, not the 98; I should be filled with the joy of the 98, but I'm not.

Dean M.

3/06/2008 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob. Sorry I got you into trouble...that certainly wasn't my intent. And yes, I keep track of your blog...it's on my "google reader" so it lets me know everytime you do a new post. I hope your bad case of life improves soon. Maybe some of this spring weather will help lift your spirits!

3/06/2008 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes Dean, of course we do. The implication was we somehow condone their lifestyle. But the whole thing was a rumour anyway.

And Jen, of course it wasn't your fault!! I am flattered someone responded so quickly! (Someday I'll tell what all that was about)And I didn't know google did that pretty cool!

Rob

3/07/2008 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of that sounds sorta familiar from the distance past. I had a great day too: relaxed in 75 degree weather; just watched the palm trees wave in the wind; snuggled in the Father's arms and enjoyed His love, tried out a few new dance steps; had a vigorous workout; and smiled at my wife!

don e.

3/07/2008 12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also (probably like Jen) read a pre-edited version of this post and just want to say I've been praying. I'm not quite sure what I'm praying about but just wanted to let you know you and your family are in my prayers, edits or no =) and this blog didn't change that, since you were in my prayers before that (smile)

3/10/2008 8:15 PM  
Anonymous David in Los Angeles said...

Hey Rob,

Great blog.

I agree and hope we welcome everyone.

Have a great rest of the semester. See in at CSU.

David in L.A.

4/28/2009 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home