straightshot

Honest thoughts on ministry,culture, and living in Utah

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Utah, United States

I love diversity. I love studying the Bible. science (especially biology and astronomy),and history. I love music, the outdoors...and my family of course. They give me the greatest joy I have ever known!!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Antspray, 5 Unruly boys and Uncomfortable Shoes

My wife teaches Children's Church every Sunday. A couple of Sundays ago she came out in a really bad mood. Tightlipped, she told me the story of why.

A cupboard full of Holy Land maps made with dough was full of ants. One of the high school helpers immediately ran for some ant spray and doused the offending creatures before my wife knew it. Filling the windowless room with poisonous fumes, the immediate death sentence gave her a tremendous headache.

As in every class, there are the out of control boys. Enough said there.

And what woman likes new, tight shoes?

Alacazam, we now have woman in very bad mood. And who could blame her?

Trying to be encouraging, I said something lame about how it is worth it to suffer for the children. Biblical, but not very helpful. Still, it is true. Kids are worth it.

I wonder if the ants died trying to cross the Red Sea?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, I have not yet been able to answer the great question that has never been answered: What does a woman want?"

Sigmund Freud

4/27/2006 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Encourage a wife?

Listen and nod.

Just listen and nod.

5/01/2006 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Vince has the right idea! A foot rub probably would have gotten you some points as well...aching feet and all. :)

5/01/2006 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"No man knows more about women than I do, and I know nothing."

Seymour Hicks

5/05/2006 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home