straightshot

Honest thoughts on ministry,culture, and living in Utah

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Utah, United States

I love diversity. I love studying the Bible. science (especially biology and astronomy),and history. I love music, the outdoors...and my family of course. They give me the greatest joy I have ever known!!

Monday, May 23, 2005

Where are the Older Marrieds on the Question?

Thanks to all who have responded to the Question below-but we need more answers! Where are all the older people who have been married awhile? (e.g. the Kepples, the Rondas, the Redels, the Davis's-are you out there?)We can all benefit from your answers! I hope you will respond soon! But first, two important points:

1. No, my wife is not planning on skydiving! (...yet) Maybe I should add the familiar phrase Any resemblence to persons living or dead is purely coincidental...

2. This is a greater issue in microcosm. This is really about two ways of thinking. Perhaps it is actually about postmodernism (which emphasizes individual desires and self actualization) and the older modernism (rational thought and the "right thing to do").

You have until the end of this week and then we are moving on to other thoughts!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob, who you calling old!

Kathy and I were married at a bit older age. I was 28 and Kathy was 26. By Utah Mormon standards we should have been sending our kids off to school. We have now been married for almost 22 years. Do we qualify as "Older Marrieds"? If not, then we are getting there.

Equal roles or roles of submission and authority? Hmm. Let me go ask Kathy 'cuz I want to get this right. I'll have to get back to you on this.

Vince Eccles

6/02/2005 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home