straightshot

Honest thoughts on ministry,culture, and living in Utah

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Utah, United States

I love diversity. I love studying the Bible. science (especially biology and astronomy),and history. I love music, the outdoors...and my family of course. They give me the greatest joy I have ever known!!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Two Degrees of Seperation

*Note: I have changed the settings so now anyone can leave a comment without having to be a blogger too. I didn't notice before-sorry! I am still very new at this!

The say there is only six people between an individual and someone they don't know, or something like that (I heard this somewhere and am about to listen to an audio play by that title.) But sometimes there is less! Here is a recent letter we recieved from a pastor's wife. They lived here in Cache Valley for many years and moved to Vermont last summer. The world is indeed small!


Dear Miriam,

James and I returned a few hours ago from having been in Bennington,
VT, (SW corner), with about 25 others from 8 different churches, who were
cleaning out an old parsonage and the basement of a very, very old
church--beautiful architecture. The church had been abandoned--and it was
deeded to Southern Baptists, who are in the process of doing a complete
renovation (will take about two years) and in that process planting a
new church.
We stayed at an incredibly spacious, lovely Christian school. As we
walked into a room which some of us were going to occupy, a fella said to
me (because I was wearing a sweatshirt that said Mission Trip to
Brigham City, Utah), "Did you go to Brigham City?"
When I said that I had lived there, he was surprised. Then went on to
tell us that his son goes to school at USU--we talked about Logan, etc.
Then he said something about the church his son attends--when we asked,
"Maranatha"--he was giddy. Then when we told him we had started that
church--he was amazed. He could not more highly praise the church or
those who had invested in his son, including Rob and Miriam Gunn. The
young man--Chris Perry. His brother Josh has been going to school in So.
Carolina, but he'll be going to USU in the fall. Our hearts were lifted--though our bodies were exhausted! What a
blessing from the Lord to meet this man (his wife teaches at the school) and
to know that Maranatha is having such an impact! When we asked how it
was that his son went to USU, that story was another God-thing.
I love getting real mail! And still do a lot of the real thing! Love,
Georgia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home